United Way Worldwide is the leadership and support organization for the network of nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 45 countries and territories. It advances the common good, creating opportunities for a better life for all, by focusing on education, income and health. The United Way movement mobilizes millions to action—to give, advocate and volunteer—to improve the conditions in which they live.
United Way Worldwide is headquartered in Alexandria, VA in a building constructed at no cost to contributors or to local United Ways. Among its benefits to local United Ways are:
- a national advertising and promotion program
- a partnership with the National Football League training for United Way professionals and volunteers support to national companies that want to cultivate a year-round relationship with United Way
- a national database for fundraising/fund distribution statistics and impact measurement
- a national network allowing United Ways to share best practices and other information
- a unified voice in national government relations.
For more information on United Way Worldwide, visit their website.